The Children’s Disability Service provides a wide range of advice and support services to parents/Carers of young people with a disability (this may include additional or complex needs, learning disabilities, sensory impairments or language/communication needs). The service covers all disabled children and young people up to the age of 19 living in the borough of St Helens.
- The Early Years team (0-5 years) can provide pre-school support, speech and language therapy, portage home visiting, transition, training, groups (e.g. development, motor skills and communication) and assessments - Early Years Team, The Bridge Centre, Roper Street, St Helens, WA9 1EJ - Tel: 01744 673131
- The School Age Team (4-19 years) offer educational support via a language and social communication service, hearing impairment service and visual impairment service - C/o Newton Children's Centre, Patterson Street, Newton-Le-Willows, WA12 9PZ - Tel: 01744 673135
- The Social Care Team (0-19 years) comprises of Social Workers, Specialist Nurses, Family Support Workers and Transition Workers and aim to provide practical and emotional support and information, based on assessed needs - Social Care Team, Atlas House, 2 Corporation Street, St Helens, WA9 1LD, Tel: 01744 674196
- Both the School Age Team and the Social Care Team are now based at Atlas House. The new address is: Children's Disability Service, Atlas House, 2 Corporation Street, St Helens, WA9 1LD School Age tel: 01744 673135, Social Care tel: 01744 674198 -
- ASD Pathway, C/o Newton Children's Centre, Patterson Street, Newton-Le-Willows, WA12 9PZ - Tel: 01744 673135
How to Access the Service:
The Children’s Disability Service have an ‘open referral system’ - you can refer your child to the service, or you can ask a professional to refer on your behalf (you will need to provide written consent for this). Contact the service by phone/e-mail - for out of hours support please call 0845 0500 148.
St Helens Children’s Disability Service, Early Years Team, The Bridge Centre, Roper Street, St Helens, Merseyside, WA9 1EJ
Type of Organisation:
statutory (St Helens Council)
Comments and Suggestions
If you could please rate this page and provide any comments about this page or the site in general below, it will help us improve the site for others in the future.