We are a women's mental health charity who provide a range of support services. These include a Professional Counselling service, Supported Drop-in, Confidence & Assertion Courses, Stress Management Course, Domestic Abuse Support Service and a CBT-led Positive Me Programme. In order to access any services women must attend an initial First Contact appointment. Alternatively, they can access our Supported Drop-in on Monday and Wednesdays 1-3.30 pm.
- Drop-in sessions are held every Monday and Wednesday (1pm to 3.30pm) for general support and information provided by trained Support Workers
- Appointments can be made with their professional counselling service in a safe and confidential atmosphere
- Group therapies we offer a group therapy using CBT-based interventions to support women suffering from the symptoms of depression. This runs on Thursdays 9.30 am to 12 noon and is facilitated by qualified counsellors.
- Personal development courses (e.g. confidence and assertion) are run for 10 weeks on a Monday 9.30 am - 12.30 pm.
- Therapeutic activities including card-making and hand massage
- ABC accredited counselling courses (daytime and evening) run by qualified and experienced tutors, and available for both women and men
- Domestic Abuse Support service, which offers a domestic abuse support group on Thursdays 1 - 3.30 pm and one-to-one support sessions by appointment.
- We also run a new course called Just A Better Way to manage stress and anxiety. This is an 8 week course running on Tuesdays 1-3 pm.
How to Access the Service:
Self-referrals can be made to Chrysalis Centre for Change by attending a drop-in session or phoning/e-mailing. Alternatively they can be made through your GP or other health professional. Office hours are Monday to Thursday 9am to 4pm.
Opening Times/Meeting Times of the Office or of the Services:
Monday to Thursday 9 am - 12.30pm and 1 pm - 4 pm.
Chrysalis Centre for Change, Peter Street Community Centre, Peter Street, St Helens, Merseyside, WA10 2EQ
Type of Organisation:
local charity (no.1117557)
Comments and Suggestions
If you could please rate this page and provide any comments about this page or the site in general below, it will help us improve the site for others in the future.