"Home-Start St Helens" is the UK’s leading family support charity that aims to increase the confidence and independence of families by:
- Visiting families in their own homes to offer support, friendship and practical assistance
- Reassuring parents that their childcare problems are not unusual or unique
- Encouraging parents’ strengths and emotional wellbeing for the ultimate benefit of their children
- Trying to get the fun back into family life
Parents may ask for Home-Start’s help for all sorts of reasons, for example:
- They may feel isolated in their community, have no family nearby and be struggling to make friends
- They may be finding it hard to cope because of their own, or their child’s, physical or mental illness
- They may have been hit hard by the death of a loved one
- They may be really struggling with the emotional and physical demands of having twins or triplets - perhaps born into an already large family
- Family support provided by a volunteer. An initial assessment of needs is conducted by "Home-Start St Helens" and then an appropriate volunteer will be matched with each family to provide three/four hours of support per week in the family’s home. All volunteers have parenting experience, are fully trained and DBS checked.
- Volunteers can also provide help with transportation to child hospital appointments
- Free information line (0800 068 63 68)
How to Access the Service:
Families can refer themselves to "Home-Start St Helens" or be referred by a relative or professional with the family’s consent. "Home-Start St Helens" is open to families living in St Helens.
"Home-Start St Helens", Peter Street Community Centre, Peter Street, St Helens, Merseyside, WA10 2EQ
Type of Organisation:
local charity (no.1155988) under the national Home-Start umbrella - Company No: 08796050
Comments and Suggestions
If you could please rate this page and provide any comments about this page or the site in general below, it will help us improve the site for others in the future.
@homestartuk on Twitter