The MS Society is the UK’s largest charity for people affected by multiple sclerosis (MS) - about 100,000 people in the UK. The St Helens & District Branch has a hard working voluntary committee.
- Monthly social group to meet others with MS, with opportunities for outings, entertainment, activities and guest speakers
- The branch provides neuro-physiotherapy for people with MS.
- Tai Chi classes are available every other Monday afternoon at the United Reform Church, Ormskirk Street, St Helens.
- General information about MS e.g. leaflets, free monthly newsletter
- Listening service providing friendly support and information about living with MS, also signposting to other local services (The MS Society also have their national helpline - 0808 800 8000)
- Financial support is available with grants for respite, equipment or adaptations
- The Branch is here to give help and support
How to Access the Service:
The branch does not have a fixed address, however members of the Committee can be contacted via the details below or via their webpage. Monthly meetings take place at St. Julie’s Church in Eccleston every second Tuesday of the month. Any changes to venue will be advertised in the local press.
Type of Organisation:
national charity (no.1139257) with local branch
Comments and Suggestions
If you could please rate this page and provide any comments about this page or the site in general below, it will help us improve the site for others in the future.