The National Childbirth Trust is the largest charity supporting parents; they aim to give parents accurate, impartial information so that they can decide what is best for their family, and they introduce parents to a network of other local parents to gain practical and emotional support. Their vision is of a world where parents are valued and supported to build a strong society, believing that a child’s early years significantly impact upon the future they help to shape. The Wigan & St Helens branch is run solely by local parent volunteers.
- Antenatal and postnatal courses
- Play groups e.g. sensory play
- Opportunities to meet up, make friends and share experiences with other parents at coffee mornings and other support groups
- ‘Nearly New Sales’ - second hand clothes and equipment to help with the cost of kitting out your baby
- Also opportunities to get involved with volunteering and social/fundraising events
- The NCT helpline (0300 330 0700) provides practical and emotional support in all areas of pregnancy, birth and early parenthood
How to Access the Service:
The local branch covers the whole of St Helens, Wigan and Prescot. For membership information please contact Christa via the details below.
Type of Organisation:
national charity (no.801395) with local branch
Comments and Suggestions
If you could please rate this page and provide any comments about this page or the site in general below, it will help us improve the site for others in the future.
@nctcharity on Twitter
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_twittername_from_url() (previously declared in C:\htdocs_new\www.sthelensgateway.info\source\view_provider.php:268) in C:\htdocs_new\www.sthelensgateway.info\includes\twitter_support.php on line 203