St Helens Mind is an independent, user focused organisation providing quality services for local people who are experiencing isolation and distress due to mental ill health. They do this by:
- Providing a range of services appropriate to the needs of people experiencing mental distress that enhances their self-worth as valued citizens
- Promoting increased awareness and understanding of mental health issues within the community
- A befriending service to provide one-to-one support to individuals who are experiencing loneliness and isolation – a volunteer befriender is able to offer friendship, emotional and practical support
- Various support groups (separate men’s, ladies, walking, activities, St Helens, Newton and Haydock) groups provide a safe and welcoming environment to socialise and take part in activities
- Monthly social events such as trips out, walks and holidays
- Dig My Plot!: The charity has an allotment at the Hard Lane allotment site, which provides a great opportunity for people to get some fresh air, exercise and to socialise with others in a peaceful and supportive environment
How to Access the Service:
Referrals to the befriending service can be self-referred or by a family member, GP, Social Worker or other professionals involved. A referral form can be found here. Information about the support groups and allotment can be found by phone, e-mail or via their website. St Helens Mind does not work with people who have dementia, however they can signpost to other services.
St Helens Mind, Room G68, Harry Blackman House, Peasley Cross Hospital, Marshalls Cross Road, St Helens, Merseyside, WA9 3DE
Type of Organisation:
local charity (1057494) under the national Mind charity umbrella
Comments and Suggestions
If you could please rate this page and provide any comments about this page or the site in general below, it will help us improve the site for others in the future.
@MindCharity on Twitter
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_twittername_from_url() (previously declared in C:\htdocs_new\www.sthelensgateway.info\source\view_provider.php:268) in C:\htdocs_new\www.sthelensgateway.info\includes\twitter_support.php on line 203