Stroke Association believes in life after stroke. They support people to make the best recovery that they can, and campaign to prevent and treat stroke and fund research to come up with better treatments and ways of preventing stroke.
- Information, Advice and Support Service helps you and your family prepare for the changes which happen because of a stroke, with information about stroke, practical advice and emotional support. This may include practical tips on daily living, support in applying for benefits, counselling and signposting to other services
- Communications Support Service helps you with aphasia following a stroke. Their coordinators and volunteers work with you to help build your confidence and provide the best possible chance for recovery.
- Continuing Support group helps you to adjust to life after stroke by offering a fortnightly support group that offers activities and information, based around group members’ suggestions. Activities may include guest speakers, quizzes and tai chi.
- Also offer home visit volunteers and an allotment project
- National helpline and information service (0303 3033 100)
How to Access the Service:
Local services are for people registered with a GP Practice in the postcodes: WA5, WA9, WA10, WA12, L34, L35, WN4 and WN5.
For further information contact Marie Powner (Information, Advice and Support Coordinator) at email@example.com or Jean Hobbs (Communications Support Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the office on 01744 646 161.
Stroke Association St Helens, St Helens Hospital, Marshalls Cross Road, St Helens, Merseyside, WA9 3DA
Type of Organisation:
national health charity (no.211015) with local offices
Comments and Suggestions
If you could please rate this page and provide any comments about this page or the site in general below, it will help us improve the site for others in the future.
@TheStrokeAssoc on Twitter
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_twittername_from_url() (previously declared in C:\htdocs_new\www.sthelensgateway.info\source\view_provider.php:268) in C:\htdocs_new\www.sthelensgateway.info\includes\twitter_support.php on line 203