Most young people in St Helens tell us that they don't use drugs or alcohol, however, for those that do, the Young People's Drug and Alcohol Team provides a confidential service to young people (up to the age of 19) who want to cut down or stop using.
- Information, advice and support to cut down or stop using drugs and alcohol
- Information to reduce the harms caused by drugs or alcohol and other risky activities (like offending, sexual health, tobacco use etc)
- Health assessments and health care from a nurse or doctor
- Access to sexual health advice, C-Card and contraception
- Alternatives to drug or alcohol use and handy tips to aid relaxation, sleep and prevent withdrawals, through complimentary therapies
- One to one support sessions with a keyworker
- Help to access other services, like education or positive activities to have something else to do
- Help to stop smoking tobacco by offering Nicotine Replacement Therapy
How to Access the Service:
Young people (or parents/carers) can contact the service directly, by telephone - 01744 675605 or call into our offices at Lord Street Centre, Lord Street, St Helens, WA10 2SP
Monday - Friday 9am-5pm. Later appointments can be arranged with a worker if required. Referrals can be made by any services working with young people, with the individual's consent.
For further information visit the FRANK website - www.talktofrank.com
Young People’s Drug and Alcohol Team, Lord Street Centre, Lord Street, St Helens, Merseyside, WA10 2SP
Type of Organisation:
statutory (St Helens Council)
Comments and Suggestions
If you could please rate this page and provide any comments about this page or the site in general below, it will help us improve the site for others in the future.