What type of activities take place in a Community Centre?
Interested in enrolling in a new course, want to start a new activity or thinking of volunteering?
All sorts of activities and learning takes place at the Community Centres in St Helens, and there is usually something to suit all age groups. Activities can range from coffee mornings to Zumba, and kick boxing to Morris dancing. Learning courses can include anything from basic English & maths to IT or business courses.
Also, ‘learning’ or ‘courses’ don’t necessarily mean sat in a classroom reading books and sitting exams - many courses are delivered informally and suitable for people of all ages and abilities.
You can view further information and details about upcoming courses and activities by visiting the St Helens Community Centres website. Community Centres in the borough of St Helens include:
- Chain Lane Community Centre (Blackbrook, WA11 9HT)
- Crownway Community Centre (Newton-le-Willows, WA12 9DA)
- Derbyshire Hill Family and Community Centre (Parr, WA9 2LU)
- Leaf Centre (Clock Face, WA9 4DE)
- Newton Community Centre (WA12 8EX)
- Park Farm ACYP Centre (Carr Mill, WA11 9PG)
- Perth Community Centre (Thatto Heath, WA9 5QX)
- Peter Street Centre (St Helens, WA10 2EQ)
- St Johns Centre (Ravenhead, WA10 3ND)
- Thompson Centre (Parr, WA9 1PL)
- Trees Community Centre (Newton-le-Willows, WA12 8HR)
Comments and Suggestions
If you could please rate this page and provide any comments about this page or the site in general below, it will help us improve the site for others in the future.