What does ‘keep learning’ mean and how can it help improve my wellbeing?
Learning and trying new things/skills and rediscovering old hobbies is one of the ‘five ways to wellbeing’ *
You are never too old or young to try or learn something new, and learning doesn’t have to involve being in a classroom. Achieving a new skill or piece of knowledge can improve self-esteem and confidence. Examples of learning can include:
- Trying to cook a new recipe
- Learning phrases in a different language
- Improving your computer skills
- Reading a book
- Watching a documentary
- Signing up for a course or class
- Taking up a new hobby
Organisations in St Helens that provide opportunities to keep learning include…
* source: Foresight Project Mental Capacity and Wellbeing (2008)
Comments and Suggestions
If you could please rate this page and provide any comments about this page or the site in general below, it will help us improve the site for others in the future.