What does ‘take notice’ mean and how can it help improve my wellbeing?
Taking notice of the world around you is one of the ‘five ways to wellbeing’ *
Taking notice and being aware of the world around you enhances your understanding and helps to reaffirm your values and what matters to you - recognise, appreciate, savour and reflect on everyday moments. Examples of taking notice may include:
- Noticing the beauty of nature
- Recording your thoughts and feelings
- Appreciating a piece of art, culture or architecture
- Valuing time spent with others
- Savouring something you really enjoy e.g. food, sport or a special occasion
Suggestions for things to ‘take notice’ of and appreciate in St Helens include:
There are also many fine parks, pubs/restaurants, golf courses, listed buildings and areas of natural beauty to explore - check out www.visitsthelens.com for further information.
* source: Foresight Project Mental Capacity and Wellbeing (2008)
Comments and Suggestions
If you could please rate this page and provide any comments about this page or the site in general below, it will help us improve the site for others in the future.